Bets on sporting and non-sporting events and other online games are becoming more and more popular, and in contrast to games of chance like the Lottery, there is a real chance of winning. However, only few people ever become rich through gambling. Online gambling sites are not "gold mines" either. Betting and other online games are for entertainment purposes and should always be considered as games.
To make sure the game remains a game, and your hobby does not end in uncontrolled wagers or even compulsive gambling, we recommend that you take the following principles to heart when you visit tipico.be.
- Be conscious of the fact that the game is for your entertainment and does not represent a guaranteed source of income.
- Set yourself a limit to the number of bets you place and how much you bet in such a way that a loss cannot influence your economic situation.
- Limit the time you would like to spend on the online game and do not consider extending this time limit.
- Stick to your money and time-related limits both when you are losing and winning.
- Never wager money you need for your upkeep and to fulfil the financial obligations you and your family have.
- Do not take out a loan or lend money in any other way to carry out bets or other online games.
- Do not play and bet when you are under the influence of alcohol or medication.
- Do not use the possibility of playing online to distract yourself from arguments, disappointments, frustration or problems.
- Do not neglect your social environment, and take reactions from your partner, members of your family, friends and colleagues at work seriously.
- Do not play and bet secretly, and do not give up your other leisure activities for it.
Be honest with yourself. If you have difficulties following the above basic rules (even in individual points) we suggest you seek professional help.
If you have any further questions related to Responsible Gambling including limits and self-exclusion do not hesitate to contact our specialised Customer Support Team via email@example.com.
Tipico recommends that the customers read the Belgian Gaming Commission’s prevention leaflet before playing on www.tipico.be. The said prevention leaflet is available in several languages by clicking on this link.
Telephone hotlines: For help over the phone, call the free phone number of SOS GAMES: 0800/35 777.
You can also contact:
- Teleonthaal : 106 (nl)
- Télé-accueil : 107 (fr) (24/7)
- Infor-Drogues : 02/227.52.52
- Druglijn: 078/15 10 20
You want to keep your gambling consumption under control? Go to the following website and take part in the self-help programme free of charge:
On the Belgian Gaming Commission’s website, under the section “Protection of players”, you will find more information on of independent organisations that offer help to compulsive gamblers:
In accordance with the Belgian legislation, Tipico does not accept any customers who are not 18 years of age.
The registration of any minor is a breach of our general terms and conditions of business and may lead to the matter being reported to the appropriate authorities. We would like to point out that Tipico will require identity documents in order to prove legal age has been reached. Tipico is legally bound to cancel any bets placed by minors and, where necessary, any winnings will be passed on to the regulatory authorities.
We recommend that parents of minors use filter software such as NetNanny http://www.netnanny.com/ or Cyberpatrol http://www.cyberpatrol.com/ .
Help needed? Please contact our support team.